Gmail nightmare was happened to some of the Gmail users (38,000 account holders) where around 0.02 percent of all Gmail users found out they lost their Gmail account and Google emails, attachments; Google chat logs were gone last Monday. Luckily, Google has always back up their Gmail data to tape and protected from software bugs.
According to Official Gmail Blog, the root cause was because of a new deployment of storage software update that introduced an unexpected bug. Google Mail team has been working hard to restore all losing Gmail data and take any corrective actions to prevent the problem from occurring again. Google has also updating the status information for Google Apps Services via Apps Status Dashboard. Google team will update the progress every 2 hours on dashboard and you can always check back to view the current maintenance status of the Google Mail Services.
By the way, I have great faith on Google team and I believe they will restore back the Gmail services very soon. However, I think I want to back up all my Gmail data just in case. Here’s how to use Online Backup Service called Backupify to backup all your important Gmail data.
What is Backupify
Backupify is an all in one archiving, search and restore service for cloud-based data applications such as Gmail and Facebook. Backupify is able to backup other popular applications such as Twitter, Google Docs, Google Sites, Google Calendar, Google Contacts, Picasa, Flickr, Blogger and Zoho.
Backupify provides you a single solution to help you keep backups for all your Gmail data. In this way, you do not worry of losing any Gmail messages, attachment, links or Gmail contacts. You can easily browse, search and download archives via online at any time.
Backupify offers 3 types of account plans which are Personal, Pro 100 and Pro 500. The good news is the personal plan is free of charge and you can get 2GB storage and weekly backups of up to 5 accounts. If you want to get bigger storage and nightly backup instead of weekly backup, you can consider to signup Pro 100 or Pro 500 for some monthly fee.
How to Backup Gmail Data using Backupify for Free
1) Choose Free personal Plan and signup an account. Skip the Promo code if you do not have one.
2) You will be immediately directed to Backupify settings page. Now add Gmail accounts to be backed up.
3) Click Authorize via OAuth button to login to your Gmail account.
4) The following page will appear and ask you to authorize third party (Backupify) to access your Gmail account. Sign in the Gmail account and click Sign in button.
5) Click Grant access button to start Backupify service.
6) Congratulations. You have setup the Gmail backup service and Backupify will backup your Gmail data within 3 days. You may check at archives again in 3 days to ensure the backup data.
I hope the above instructions will help you to learn how to easily backup Gmail data with free online backup application – Backupify.